Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Event Report- Balfar's Challenge and Tournament of the Daffodils

Balfar's Challenge- 4/16/16

I only fought in the tournament melee today and I fought for the entire available time in the melee. My teammates were Orlando and Firebow and our team was called The Good, The Bad and The Old. The objective was to travel around the three castles and the princess onthe team, which changed every round, and one defender had to check in with the MOL in that castle and you couldn't check in at the same castle twice in a row. I feel I mostly did well on the objective though there were a few times i tried to DFB someone because I could and once I had to fight because even though my team had continued on this one fencer wouldn't let me so I had o fight her, we double killed after she took my primary sword arm. This melee played a lot on situational awareness and I became almost paranoid that someone would end up killing me from behind, I did end p dieing alot nomatter how aware I was. Overall it was a lot of fun and I feel I did well despite team not making the top 3.

Tournament of the Daffolils- 4/23/16

I was marshal in charge for the fencing at this event and depending on how many people showed up I was either going to do a round robin or a timed bearpit. Unfortunately only two fencers showed up, and one was a marshal that I asked to attend to help me out if need be. The one fencer that was there wanted to reauth in everything except two hander and c&t because his auths expired in 2008 and he is trying to get backinto things. It was a laid back event with the two of them fighting most ofthe day, after the auths. I had decided earlier that I wasn't going to fight so I didn't even bring proper clothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment