Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Monday, April 11, 2016

Hartshorn-Dale

Today I fought for 25 minutes out of the available 90. Today I wasnt really trying to do much of anything but have fun and try to figure out how much further I have to go before my next auth. I do feel I fought well today.

First I fougt James with cloak and rapier. One thing I noticed was that I parryed my own blade a few times but more often than not it didn't effect my ability to control my own blade, though this is still something I'd like to work on. I've only fought with a cloak at full speed a few times but I feel that today I did exceptionally well compaired to previous times. Besides what I was doing with the cloak there were a few times that James came in for an attack really slowely and I basically just stood there and let him kill me, it was actually quite funny because I knew exactly what I needed to do but it was like my brain just suddenly decided to stop working with my body. I don't feel this is a real issue because by this point I was just having fun and trying whatever came to mind, I feel James is a good person to do that with. Overall I think I'm just about ready to auth with non-rigid parry so I will try to find two marshals either Tuesday or Wednesday.

Next I fought Phil with single rapier. One thing I noticed was that my disengages were either really sloppy or really pretty with no real in between. I use to be really good at doing pretty disengages but after pennsic last year I had a few months of low to no practice where some of these things got lost and I need to start doing more drills to fix things and clean up some needed moves/skills. Besides that I also ended up getting legged more than what is now normal for me now but recently I've noticed I make significantly more kills from the ground than not and while I'm proud of that I need to figure out what I'm doing right and translate it into my fighting while I'm not legged.

Something that made me smile today was when I challenged James he asked what form and I simply said, "Cloak" so he asked if I was just bringing a cloak or if I planned on bringing a weapon as well. This was really funny to me because last Wednesday I challenged him saying "Either single or dagger" so he brought just a dagger.

No comments:

Post a Comment