Wednesday, April 6, 2016

Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Settmour Swamp

Today I had about 45 minutes to fight because I ended up having a much needed conversaition with someone. I probably spent about 15 minutes fighting, which I need to fight more at practices and will make an effort to do so. Overall I feel I fought well. I focused less on the historical stuff today and more on acutally fighting.

First I fought Malcolm and I worked on trying to gain his blade and attack. Recently I've only been able to gain my opponent's blade but then I freeze up and become defensive again. Fighting Malcolm tonight I feel that I did well with both gaining his blade and making an attack, though most of my attacks didn't actually land I feel I was able to at least keep the fight going for a bit instaed of just retreating and resetting when I didn't kill him with the first attempt.

Next I fought a visitor fromThe Barony of Endless Hills, Aethelmearc, unfortunately I forget his name. I had talked with this gentleman at the beginning of practice when he asked to be inspected and I learned he has only been fighting for about 6 months, so walking into ths fight with him I began in a more defensive mindset to try and guage how he fought. I ended up focusing less on my own skill and more on his so I can't say I was specifically trying to work on anything but every time he attacked I either counterattacked or retreated, thought I mostly counterattacked. I still feel I fought well in this fight even though I wasn't actually focusing on anything specific.

Overall I feel it was a good practice, but I didn't fight enough and I only have myself to blame for that and I will be making an effort to fix it.

Tonight there were a few things that made me smile but the biggest thing was the willingness of an OGR to help me get back into the right mindset to pick up my sword again and keep pushing forward.

1 comment: